Natural Resources Canada - Canadian Forest Service
P.O. Box 3800
Canada, G1V 4C7
Phone : (418) 648-7137
Fax : (418) 648-5849
E-mail : Click here to email Nathalie Isabel
Web page : Click here to access the Web page of Nathalie Isabel
Research scientist for Natural Resources Canada since 1995 and located at its Laurentides forestry center facilities (CFL). Bachelor degree in forestry (1988, Laval U.). M.Sc in Forestry (1991, Laval U.) and Ph.D. in forest science (1995, Laval U.). She is adjunct professor and research associate of the Canada Research Chair in Forest and Environmental Genomics at Laval University.She is a member of the molecular breeding and evolutionary research program team. A strong emphasis of her work is currently being made on the development of molecular markers of candidate genes in several tree species (especially conifers). The detailed genetics maps assembled from those markers can then be put to great use in breeding programs as they can facilitate the tracking of adaptative and economic traits such as embryogenic capacity in somatic embryogenesis. Her team is also involved in the development of new methods for the estimation of genetic diversity among different tree species as well as in the study of gene flow between exotic and native tree species.
- Pelgas, B., Beauseigle S, Acheré V, Jeandroz S, Bousquet J, Isabel N. 2006. Overview of the genome organization in the genus Picea by macro-synteny and macro-colinearity studies: correspondence with other Pinaceae. Theoretical and Applied Genetics. In press
- Lamothe, M., P. Meirmans, and N. Isabel. 2006. A set of polymorphic EST-derived markers for Picea species. Molecular Ecology Notes, on line
- Koubaa A., N. Isabel, S.Y. Zhang, J. Beaulieu and J. Bousquet. 2005. Transition from juvenile to mature wood in black spruce. Wood and Fiber Science. 37: 445-455.
- Pelgas B., J. Bousquet, S. Beauseigle, and N. Isabel. 2005. A composite linkage map from two crosses for the species complex (Picea mariana x Picea rubens) and analysis of synteny with other Pinaceae. Theoretical and Applied Genetics 111:1466-88.
- Gros-Louis, M.-C., J. Bousquet, L. E. Paques, N. Isabel. 2005. Species-specific diagnostic markers in Larix spp. based on RAPDs and nuclear, cpDNA, and mtDNA gene sequences, and their phylogenetic implications. Tree Genetics and Genomes 1 : 5063.
- Pelgas B., N. Isabel and J. Bousquet. 2004. Efficient screening for expressed sequence tag polymorphisms (ESTP) by DNA pool sequencing and denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis in spruces. Molecular Breeding 13 : 263279.
- Guillet-Claude C., N. Isabel, B. Pelgas, and J. Bousquet. 2004. The evolutionary implications of knox-I gene duplications in conifers: correlated evidence from phylogeny, gene mapping, and analysis of functional divergence. Molecular Biology and Evolution 11: 2232-2245.
- Pelgas B., N. Isabel et J. Bousquet. 2003. Efficient screening for expressed sequence tag polymorphisms (ESTP) by DNA pool sequencing and denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis in spruces. Molecular Breeding. In press.
- Jaramillo-Correa, J.P., M. Bouillé, J. Beaulieu, N. Isabel, M. Perron and J. Bousquet. 2003. Cross-species amplification of mitochondrial DNA sequence-tagged-site markers in Gymnosperms: the nature of polymorphism and variation within and among species in Picea. Theor Appl Genet. 106Â : 1353.
- Gosselin, I., Zhou, Y., Bousquet, J. et Isabel, N. 2002. Megagametophyte-derived linkage maps of white spruce (Picea glauca) based on RAPD, SCAR and ESTP markers. Theor Appl Genet 104Â :987-997.
- Fournier D., Perry D.J., Beaulieu J., Bousquet J. et Isabel, N. 2001. Optimizing expressed sequence tag polymorphisms by single strand conformation polymorphism in spruces. Forest Genetics 9(1): 11-17.
- Garin E., M. Bernier-Cardou, N. Isabel, K. Klimaszewska and A. Plourde. 2000. Effects of sugar and amino acids on maturation of somatic embryo of Pinus strobus on medium with elevated gellan gum concentrations. Plant Cell Tissue and Organ Culture 62: 27-37.
- Koubaa A., S.Y. Zhang, N. Isabel, J. Beaulieu, and J. Bousquet. 2000. Juvenile-mature wood correlation in black spruce specific gravity and growth. Wood and Fiber Science 32(1): 61-71.